Institute has an ongoing program for screening inborn errors of metabolism in mental retardation with special reference to amino acid, carbohydrate and mucopolysaccharide metabolism
- Screening for Metabolic disorders.
- Newborn screening for congenital hypothyrodism and congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Double Marker & Triple marker screening for high risk pregnancies
- Hormonal Analysis for infertility
- Screening for Wilson’s Disease
- Routine Biochemical Investigations
Threoninemia-a new metabolic disorder was identified for the first time in the World.Institute of Genetics was the first to start Radio Immuno Assay (RIA) in AP.More than 15,000 cases of hormonal imbalances were studied.